Monday 27 October 2014

As Above So Below ~



Silver Lake, Utah... all the way up to the top of Big Cottonwood Canyon I go!!... I took a nice drive up the canyon anticipating capturing some wonderful autumn images, but there wasn't much color left at all. Where did it all go?? However, I was quite pleased to capture some beautiful images of Silver Lake even with the extremely low water level; it was a breathtaking day by all means! As I arrived at the upmost top of the canyon and hiked around the lake, set up my gear and snapped a few shots; all of a sudden, and in an instant I saw a couple of gorgeous hawks soaring towards me... I got so excited that I almost fell into the lake, gear and all, and narrowly missed that awesome shot... still trying to forgive myself!! So, I decided to create very close to what I would have captured with the Red Tailed Hawk soaring right past me (the other took off above me) using an image I already have in my collection, hoping to re-created that wonderful scenery of that magical moment! I know it will never come close to the actual surreal event, but I had to try anyway! Thank you for stopping by and for taking the time to read my story!! Wishing everyone a beautiful week!! © 2014 Shanna Dennis - All rights reserved

No comments:

Post a Comment