Thursday 30 October 2014

Lower Punchbowl Falls



Yet ANOTHER incredibly beautiful scene from the day my friend Blaine and I went on a 13 mile hike exploring some of oregons amazing beauty. This is the area around Punchbowl Falls, we had recently left a gorgeous waterfall and I couldn't possibly imagine how it could get more beautiful. The trail split and we descended down to this, going through the dense forest you begin to hear the roar of moving water. The forest finally opens to a small staircase and this amazing scene. I couldn't believe how ridiculously beautiful everything was, yet as amazing as this was there is yet another gorgeous waterfall around the bend. We spent some time here as the clouds would part for a moment and shafts of light came through illuminating the falling rain and changing the scene from beautiful to truly magical. It is rewarding and humbling to be in places like this and seeing how everything is so incredibly perfect. Despite the difficulties of rain, cold air, soaked clothes, fogging lenses and filters I couldn't be happier to be there. It's amazing how the difficulties really are nothing when you're doing something you love and they just become part of the story of the adventure. Little did I know that my next adventure with Blaine would even crazier than this one

No comments:

Post a Comment